Awards and honors received by Makagon Lab members
– Karina Hissen (undergraduate student) received the 2017 Student Merit Award for Outstanding Poultry Student and the award for best Undergraduate Student Poster Presentation at the Pacific Egg and Poultry Association (PePa)
-Jordan Tonooka (undergraduate thesis student) received a conference travel award from UC Davis.
– Brittany Wood (incoming MS student) received the 2016 Arthur W. Perdue M.S. Fellowship.
– Sydney Baker (MS student) received the 2016 Student Merit Award for Outstanding Poultry Student and the 2016 Western Poultry Scholarship and Research Foundation PePa Student Poster Presentation Award.
– Dr. Essam Abdelfattah was selected to participate in the FUTURE program.
– Dr. Maja Makagon received the 2015 New Investigator Award from the International Society for Applied Ethology. Award details available here.
– Christopher Byrd (MS student; graduated summer 2015) was honored by the Department of Animal Science, Purdue University with 3 awards: 2015 Featherstone Early Graduate Career Award, 2015 Featherstone Outstanding M.S. Student Award and 2015 Featherstone Off-Compus Training Award. Award details available here.
– M. Douglas (high school intern) received 3rd place in the High School Division – Animal Science at the Regional Science and Engineering Fair held at Purdue University